A tote error resulted in Jackpot Super High Five mistakenly being paid
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ (April 5, 2017) – Due to an error at Sportech’s hub in Mount Laurel, New Jersey, the Meadowlands 5th race Jackpot Super High Five pool was mistakenly paid out in full last Saturday (April 1st) to 23 winning tickets.
By rule, the wager pays out in full only when there is a single winning ticket. Otherwise, 75 percent of the net pool is paid out to the multiple winning tickets while the remaining 25 percent is added to the jackpot.
The 23 winning tickets were each overpaid $714.78 rather than the correct price of $158.80.
Sportech acknowledged that an employee incorrectly formatted the betting program into the pari-mutuel system prior to the race.
Sportech has agreed to add $12,787.31 to Friday’s Race 5 Jackpot Super High Five pool, which is the amount that should have been carried over from Saturday.
“This was simply a matter of human error,” explained Jason Settlemoir, Meadowlands GM and COO. “In this case, it was an error that worked out in favor of the customer, and we appreciate Sportech working with us to correct this error quickly, contributing the additional funds for Friday’s jackpot, and putting the betting public’s interests first and foremost.”
Live racing resumes Friday with an 11-race card. Post time is 7:15 p.m. For more information, visit www.playmeadowlands.com.