Cranbury, NJ – The initial payment deadline for 2017 eligibility to more than 130 stake events at 13 different tracks, headlined by the $1 million Hambletonian heats at The Meadowlands on Saturday, August 5 and the $5.8 million Breeders Crown Finals at Hoosier Park in Anderson, Indiana on October 27 & 28, is just five days away.
All payments for all Hambletonian Society-serviced Stakes are due Wednesday, February 15 and must be postmarked by midnight on Thursday, February 16, per USTA Rule 12.02.
Changes to the stakes landscape in 2017 include:
· The addition of the Pegasus Series for 3-year-old Pacers and Trotters to be raced at Hoosier Park as an undercard event to accompany the Breeders Crown weekend.
· The Tompkins-Geers Stake No. 83 for 3-year-old colt and filly trotters has moved from Tioga Downs to The Meadowlands in 2017. The Tompkins-Geers will join the Reynolds Stakes and the Stanley Dancer and Del Miller Memorials in forming a three-race lead-up to the 92nd Hambletonian.
· The Hambletonian Society handles the payments for the Tompkins-Geers and Reynolds as well as the Hambletonian itself. The Dancer and Miller are Meadowlands administered stakes.
· In 2017, The Landmark, W.N. Reynolds Memorial, and the Tompkins-Geers races for two-year-olds will be restructured as early closers that race in the year payments are collected. There will now be a single nomination fee per colt or filly due March 15, 2017 and a single sustaining fee due May 15 2017, payable to the Hambletonian Society should you wish to participate in the race(s). The entrance fee to start in any division of the races will apply.
· The W. N. Reynolds No. 63 for 3-year-old Colts & Geldings and Filly Pacers has been canceled for 2017.
· The Meadows Maturity Trot at the Meadows Racetrack and Casino has also been canceled.
All the forms for the stakes listed below can be found by clicking this link:
The Hambletonian Society services more than a hundred of harness racing’s richest and most prestigious events and provides one-stop shopping for your staking needs. The web site contains all the tools and information necessary to stake your horse yourself. All information pertaining to these races – racing conditions, payment forms and much more information – is now available online at http://www.hambletonian.com or by calling the Society offices at 609-371-2211.
In all cases only ONE check (U.S. FUNDS) is ever necessary for each of the four payments periods i.e.: February 15, March 15, April 15 or May 15.
All races with February 15 payments due: