For Opinion, click here for View from the Racetrack Grandstand

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Bruce Aldrich Jr. wins his 6000th at Monticello Raceway

By Shawn Wiles

The answer to the trivia question of “What horse did Bruce Aldrich Jr. drive for his 6000th win is Unimpeachable”. The performance came on a rain soaked day where 3 drivers had individual hat tricks.  Bruce finished the day with 3 wins, as did James Devaux and Kyle DiBenedetto, who himself is a dozen wins away from his 6000th win.

Bruce started the day by winning both half’s of the Daily Double, but then DiBenedetto and Devaux went on their own hot streak to keep Aldrich at bay.

After the race, Bruce was welcomed by many well-wishers in the winners circle, when interviewed in the winners circle after the win a jubilant Aldrich said “I am so happy that I got the win at Monticello Raceway, I have so many fond memories here, I would have been here sooner if I had driven my fathers horse in the in the 4th race, but I drove another mount and Kyle won with him!” 

Bruce Aldrich Jr. has a longtime regular and favorite of Monticello Raceway, for years driving alongside his idol and mentor Billy “Zeke” Parker.  Bruce has lifetime earnings in excess of 21.6 million.


Unimpeachable came into the race winning his prior 2 starts, the 2 year old son of Artiscape, is owned and trained by Heidi Garofalo of Cincinnatus, NY.