For Opinion, click here for View from the Racetrack Grandstand

Saturday, December 1, 2012

NAADA - KRIVELIN WINS $12,000 NAADA TROTTING SERIES FINAL AT YONKERS

Bob Krivelin reigned supreme in the $12,000 NAADA Trotting Series finale  when he guided High Pan Tolerance  to a 1:59.2 triumph   at Yonkers Raceway  on Thursday November 29. It marked the second consecutive season that the New York City food purveyor has  won the final event  in the North American Amateur Drivers Series, which again was a non-wagering event prior to the first betting race on the card.

This year Krivelin drove High Pan Tolerance to a 1:59.2 triumph and they turned back I’m Fabulous  driven by Alan Schwartz and Gary Campbell  with The Windsurfer A.
At the start of the race Krivelin sent High Pan Tolerance to the lead from the four-hole and they got away with a soft 30-second  first quarter.  Backing off the half to 1:01.2 forced Schwartz to move  I’m Fabulous first- up but they never got alongside the leader. When the timer  at the three  quarters flashed 1:29.4  the fans  knew why because the two horses just trotted a 28.3-second  third stanza.

From there Krivelin kept after his charge and although they opened daylight between themselves and Schwartz’s trotter still I’m Fabulous was  gaining ground in the deep stretch, but finished a length behind  High Pan Tolerance in the 58-second final half mile time.
“I was just following the trainer’s (Jennifer Lappe) instructions,” Krivelin said.” She told me  she’s seen I’m Fabulous race and that he’s a good trotter so if was to win she wanted me to  go a slow first half and then step on the gas and when I pulled the plugs on the turn my horse took off like a rocket.

“ He (High Pan Tolerance ) is  good on the turns  so we gained ground on Schwartz and  his trotter  but I was surprised  that he was coming at me as we  neared the wire.”
Krivelin’s victory was his third in the series with High Pan Tolerance, having won two previous preliminary legs.

“It’s always a thrill to win a race at Yonkers,” Krivelin added happily. “When I  was a teenagers  I always went to  there as a fan  and when I was heading back to the winner’s circle I saw  a guy on the fence  whom I remembered from those days- probably  40 years ago- so I invited him to join me in the winner’s circle presentation. That made my win even more special.”